Search (Buscar) this blog

7 de marzo de 2017

¡Hola Amigos!

I have been in Lima, Peru for a little over a week now. I am currently still doing orientation through the study abroad program, IFSA-Butler. I am starting to be more accustomed to the area and my bathroom. Taxis, buses, and any car will usually not stop for pedestrians and will continue at a very high speed. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet; instead, in the trash. I know right toilet paper not in the toilet, weird. However, this is due to low water pressure. There is no personal space unless you mean the shape of your body, of course. Always greet and say Adiós or Chaufa (slang peruvian term for good-bye) even if you only have known the person for a few minutes, and it is common to kiss on one cheek. The toilet is your best friend when you got to go constantly because your stomach doesn't know the bacteria in Peru quite yet. Anyway, I am excited to began my classes next week at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Perú. I will be keeping you updated when I can with all of my adventures and discoveries in Perú. Keep on discovering, mis amigos!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario